Reporting to the Executive Director, the Festival Intern position is an opportunity for a student or recent graduate to put into practice skills learned in her/his education.
The intern will work in an exciting environment, providing administrative support for our non-for profit organization. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of administrating an independent Film Festival, alternative fundraising and corporate sponsorship.
He/she will support the aluCine team with administrative tasks and back office coordination prior and during the festival (April 3-12, 2014). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To assist in all events during festival;
- Support in logistics for festival set-up, booing equipment, etc.;
- Support all festival deliveries of marketing materials;
- Produce and coordinate Festival Guests lists/Invitation/Tickets;
- Support on guests and speaker’s accommodation and travel;
- Improve Guest Services for out-of-town Festival visitors by providing maps, targeted visitor discounts, and information about transportation and other services in Toronto.
- Assist the Executive Director to arrange and oversee gathering of permissions from artists/distributors and payment of artists fees for all screenings and performances at the Festival;
- Support the day‐to‐day operation of the office and general office administration including: updating and organizing aluCine archives, mail listings, oversee office supply/stationary ordering;
- Assisting Executive Director with all post-festival communications and reports.
Some experience is required.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter to: email@example.com attention Hiring Committee. This is a non-paid position.